Jerry Newton believes the state should pay 70% of the cost of college.
When the MNSCU system was originally developed, the state paid for 70% of the cost with students responsible for the remaining 30%. Today those numbers are reversed, even though education has become essential to a stable middle class life. Jerry Newton believes that it's time for the state to re-commit itself to paying a majority share for students at state colleges. The return on this investment will be qualified workers and an economy which works for all working Minnesotans, not just the wealthy few.
Paid for by Jerry Newton Committee, 12095 Dogwood St NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55448. Designed with volunteer labor.